Saturday, September 11, 2010

wondering.

I made them for 4-year-old boy who isn't fun of birthday cakes. I'm not into a "American" store birthday cake either, it has unnecessary thick coat of butter cream on it. It makes my teeth squealing. Even healthy teeth.
So, I tried Japanese recipe, because it's light, and uses whipped cream instead of butter cream.

Maybe too girlish or toddlerish...? I couldn't see his expression well when he saw these cakes. Maybe he just doesn't care about cake, like my husband was when he was little.

Anyway, I baked cake with egg in it, and I whipped heavy cream first time in my life.
I found a nice easy recipe from COOKPAD. When you whip, put jam
instead of suger. Just a minite of whipping by hand. The cream gets a bit harder than I wanted, but taste like fruity cream cheese. I like it:-)
The link is here. The ladybug idea is also from COOKPAD.

I
named them Totoro Cup Cake, because there are acorns, and kind of nature theme.
I tasted just now, and it was good the top part, but dry the bottom part... It was moist before I put it in my refrigerater, though. It's a disappointment.
Now, I'm in a journey to a recipe that is good for refrigerating, or that makes non-melt decoration for summer time.

I wonder the boy liked them...

4 comments:

  1. They look incredible.
    We were actually wanting to watch Totoro today ;o)

    Sayo= artist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, today is a perfect day for watching Totoro. I wonder how the weather like today. Maybe I'll go out and collect acorns:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them!! They look awesome!
    I should try baking them when we have cooler weather...♪

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got phone call from the boy's mother later, and he seemed like them:-))))))

    I did it!

    ReplyDelete